Tuesday, January 31, 2012

French Toast...Find Your Own Way to the Fridge, Please

 Habits...we all have 'em. Good habits, like flossing and writing thank you notes (no and no.) Bad habits like nail biting and leaving the french toast in the oven. Yup. That's me. I bite my nails and constantly forget about the french toast.

Last night, I'm making dinner, yummy portobello salad sandwiches. I open the preheated oven to toast the baguette...surprise!

 This happens to me all the time. Seriously, I just don't get it. I make french toast every week. I always make extra to reheat for K's lunch or snack. And for some reason, unbeknownst to me, I can't remember to put the french toast in the fridge. I put it on the oven racks to cool and there it sits. It's like I have some affliction that makes it impossible for me to complete the sequence of events properly. I've got the french toast cooking down to a science, but after that it gets all screwy. I've even opened the Tupperware cabinet and found a container of french toast. I had managed to remember it on the oven racks, but then it's like I had a brain malfunction. I've been in bed at night, reflecting over the day, when it hits me...oh snap, I forgot the french toast in the toaster oven.

It's so common in my house, I laugh about it now. I'm furious when I misplace my keys. Livid when I forget my sunglasses. But the french toast I've accepted. I admit defeat. I'm not sure why or what it is that makes it impossible for me to follow through. I can't even come up with a logical excuse. I'm a great mom, bad at remembering the french toast. That's all there is to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment